Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, time and date of visit, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to Trader Dante’s weekly webinars (including your name and email address)
- Information that you provide to us when using our webinar services (including your name, email address, time and date of registration, length of visit and questions asked during the webinar)
Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our services (including your name, address and email address)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees and professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. This may include service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, IT, financial, regulatory, compliance, insurance, research or other services.
We may disclose your personal information: to the extent that we are required to do so by law:
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- Anyone authorised by you
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to other third parties.
Retaining Personal Information
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, by mail, over the interest or any other electronic device. We hold personal information in secure computer storage and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, and modification of disclosure.
When we consider that personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
However, we may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. For example:
- Supporting evidence and records of transactions with you and your relationship with us for a period of six years after our business relationship with you has ended.
Where you have opted out of receiving marketing communications we will hold your details on our opt out list so that we know you do not want to receive these communications.
Security Of Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee currently fixed at £10 and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. To do so please email us at [email protected]
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can do this by emailing us at [email protected]
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.